Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bruce and Books

This is the video for "Wrecking Ball," a new song Springsteen wrote as a tribute to Giants Stadium. Bruce and the Band played the last shows ever at Giants Stadium, which is in E. Rutherford, New Jersey. The stadium is being torn down.



Also, some new books out this fall that folks might enjoy. I haven't read them yet, myself, but I figure I'm not the only one wandering through bookstores looking at the new releases and wondering what's what. Here are my recommendations for what's new in Fall 09.

Spooner by Pete Dexter

Under the Dome by Stephen King

Manhood for Amateurs by Michael Chabon

Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving

Wild Things by Dave Eggers

Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins

U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton

No comments: