Sunday, November 16, 2008

That's Not An Elvis Impersonator!

These rare and exclusive photos were recently discovered in the attic of a former rock n roll groupie. On the back was scrawled a short note in jagged, lovestruck handwriting:


Today I saw the future of rock n roll...and he's only two feet tall...

No, she wasn't talking about no midget. Check it out.



This photo was snapped during the famous On the Lake Tour 1986. It was a special birthday party concert with a limited guest list. Only family and close friends were invited. They included:



and


and


(well it was on the lake, so Halle actually was dressed for the occasion)

The set list was as follows:

Friend of the Devil
Only the Good Die Young
I'm Gonna Burn Your Playhouse Down
Beer Run
Sweet Little Sixteen
The Boys Are Back in Town
Born to Be Wild
Tequila Sunrise
I'm the Only Hell My Momma Ever Raised
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
Cocaine
I've Got Friends in Low Places
Born Under a Bad Sign
I Can't Get No Satisfaction
Got My Mojo Working

Encore:
Back Door Slam

During the encore the crowd went wild:



Somehow these fans were confused and thought the singer's name was Paul...an honest mistake...they went wild during this lyric:

I'm the dust in your broom, one-hundred proof Everclear
I'm the crack in your ceiling, the funk you think you hear
I'm a three am phone call, a tank of gasoline
I'm the siren that stops at the end of your street
I am what I am
I am the back door slam

What a marvelous piece of history.

3 comments:

The Best Years said...

Oh how fun, thank god for pictures, I had completely forgotten this moment in our history :) Tyler thanks, you made my day! Love, Aunt Sue

Madolyn Miller said...

i seriously just laughed really hard!

Reme said...

Jeez how come I wasn't invited to the party?